A list of cookbooks, health books, videos, stores, websites, links and kitchen gadgets that I have found helpful in or about the kitchen.
Websites and Links
- Ever wondered if Chocolate Covered Peanuts have a day of their own? Or the history behind it? Find Food Holidays for any or every day. This blog is so fun!
- Yes! Finally found one that has a pronunciation guide as well!
- Lots of interesting tips and facts.
- How long does food really last and other interesting information
Just a Matter of Thyme – Roxie Kelley
- Every recipe I’ve tried from this book (and the others from her) have been fabulous! It’s my go-to cookbook for parties.
Lipsmackin’ Backpackin’ – Tim and Christine Conners
- This is a great guide to preparing food for the back country.
Deer Valley Ranch Cookbook – Sue Dewalt
The Future of Food Watch it for free!
FOOD INC. If you really don’t want to know about your food – where it comes from and what happens to it – don’t watch this. I recommend it though. :D
The World According to Monsanto This is a full length documentary about GMOs and what Monsanto is doing to the world. You need to watch this!
Health and Wellness
The Schwarzbein Principle – Diana Schwarzbein
Favorite Kitchen Stores
- Love this herb and spice company! Shop by cuisine- Indian, Spanish, Greek, etc. And you know what? They give you a free sample in every order. Cool!
- Love, Love LOVE this store. I was so sad to find that the measuring cups (header for my blog) are no longer available to buy. :(
Kitchen Gadgets and Accessories
The best rubber spatula EVER – no seams for gunk and bacteria to get into.
Epicurean cutting board – wish I could get one of everything they make.
Rösle Kitchen tools – I have the can opener and peeler. I think they will last me forever.